Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Learning to Sew






I have always wanted to learn how to sew but don't own a machine and am not gifted when it comes to measuring and cutting in a straight line. When Trinity was first born I had tried to make a cover for her baby carrier and had a very difficult time teaching myself how to make it with a little help here and there. Needless to say I wanted to quit sewing all together. But I decided that I wanted to try again but this time with something easier like curtains. So... Bring It On! My good friend Melinda helped me through the process and was very patient. It was kind of easy as long as she told me what to do exactly, and I just did it. I am so proud of the new curtains that I made for Trinity's room. They are not perfect but I think I did a good job. It was very stress free and this made me want to continue learning how to make other things. When you have a good teacher things just run a lot smoother.

2 comments:

  1. Woooohoooo!! They look amazing! Way to go Jen! Now you'll have to teach me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the BEST teacher in Melinda. She doesn't even know how good she is.

    So happy to peek in on your cute family!!

    ReplyDelete